Friday, May 3, 2013

The Friendzone

Now, this is something that really gets on my nerves. People complain about getting put in the friendzone A LOT. First of all, complaining about it is a great way to ensure that nothing is going to happen. Complaining in general annoys me because it's completely useless. I know I complain too, everyone does, but I try not to.
Anyway, the first thing about the friendzone is that it isn't just for guys. Girls can just as easily be put in the friendzone, and it happens. I've liked guys that only think of me as a friend.
The only way to get out of it is to say how you feel. If they're really your friend, then they'll be flattered you like them and still be your friend. Or maybe they like you too, and it only goes up from there. A while back, my best friend and I both thought we were in the friendzone, but then I asked him to formal and we dated for eight months. It just took saying how I felt and going for it. I've also had experiences where I've liked my friend, he didn't feel the same way, and we're still friends. The friendzone isn't a bad place to be. It means that the other person wants to be friends with you no matter what.
Now for those "smart nice guys" that always get put in the friendzone and she dates jerks. I'm sorry, but the sad truth is that she just isn't attracted to you. If you had the looks of that jerk, she'd be dating you. I'm not saying girls are superficial, I'm saying that they go for the guy they're attracted to, and they stay friends with the nice guys because they want you to stay around. They want to have you longer than the two weeks you would date.
So say how you feel. If it works out, great. If it doesn't, enjoy their friendship. If they can't get past it, then they aren't that great of a friend.

“It's just that I don't want to be somebody's crush. If somebody likes me, I want them to like the real me, not what they think I am. And I don't want them to carry it around inside. I want them to show me, so I can feel it too.”
―The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

No comments:

Post a Comment