Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Happiness

There wasn't anything in particular that I wanted to talk about today. No pressing issues, nothing to rant about, at least not right now. So I guess I'll just talk about happiness. We don't realize how important it is to be happy. There were times when I would be unhappy, and I realize that it's useless. It doesn't get me anything and it's not pleasant. I think that's something everyone should do. People say that they can't just stop being unhappy, but I don't see why not. We choose what we focus on in life, and we can pick the happy things. If nothing in your life is happy, then you've got some serious upheaval to do. But I'm assuming there's at least one thing that you can focus on. Well, focus on it. Let that happiness spread into the rest of your life. Don't waste your life being unhappy. Or insecure, because those go hand in hand. Now, I'm not stupid, we're all going to be insecure or unhappy sometimes, but it's important to not dwell on it. I've gotten so good at it that I don't really know how to be really sad. Recently something happened that should have devastated me, but I can't make myself feel unhappy about it. I'm happy right now, happier than I've been in a while actually, and for no reason except that I like being happy. It's good for me, and it's good for you. So be happy. Enjoy the little things.
Today is one of my best friends birthdays. She's always so nice to other people, so I wanted to give her a good birthday. She usually doesn't get too much, it being the very beginning of school and all. I mean, everyone loves her, so of course she gets presents and stuff, but I wanted her to carry cookies and a balloon around and we're taking her to dinner tonight. And doing that for her makes me really happy, because we're doing it because we want to. And I'm not the only one. Plenty of people want to do stuff for her, and that inspires me. It's not just for her good looks, it's because she's a good person, and she makes people want to be nice. That inspires me, because she just spreads happiness.
So be like my friend, be like me. Be happy, and don't let things get you down. It's not worth being sad forever. Be sad for a bit, (mine is unusually short-less than a day), and then be happy.

I don't know, lots of quotes are about happiness. Go out and read a book, and maybe you'll find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment