Monday, April 15, 2013

I Miss You

Today was the first day back from Spring Break at my school, and it made me think about a lot of things. First of all, I really don't like school, further pushing myself into the mold of a typical teenager. Second, I really missed all the people I didn't see, from my close friends to the group of guys in my PE class. It also made me think of how Spring Break is just a teaser for Summer Break, but I'm mostly going to talk about missing people. To miss someone is not usually a good feeling, but it's something most people experience. Sometimes it's because of a death, and that's always hard, but something we can eventually move past. We miss people that aren't with us. To miss someone is to wish that we were with them. At least to me, that is. I know that I'm going to miss my friends over break, and that's all fine because I spend a lot of time with them. But it's my class friends that I'm surprised about. I didn't even realize that I missed them until I saw them again today, and I realized that they're important to me, each on a different level. That's what it made me realize, that all these random people in my life mean something to me. I mean, the guy I'm dating right now used to be just some guy in the orchestra for the play I was in. So I need to remind myself to get to know those people better, because you never know who they're going to be in your life. It's like when they say that the person you're going to marry someday is out there somewhere, and maybe you've met them already, even just in passing.
Another thing about missing people is the really hard kind of missing. They're the people who aren't physically in your life anymore, and all you get are those texts that aren't the same as words and those rare calls or video chats. You miss them so much, but they're still there, in a way. This happens when a friend moves away, or when you met them at camp or on a cruise or something, or sometimes when a friend just becomes distant from you. It's hard to miss them because in a way, they are there, just not to the extent that you want or need. I have a few friends like this, from my summer camp that I absolutely love. And sometimes when pur texts become fewer and fewer, I get the feeling that it's not even worth it to miss them at all, but it is. Anyone that is worth caring about when they are there is worth caring about when they aren't, and I just have to work on my patience. Patience is the key to missing someone successfully, without it feeling pointless or stupid or like they don't care about you at all. Honestly, I think that caring about someone is one of the hardest things in the world to do.

"What I say in an entire paragraph you can say in three words."-Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

No comments:

Post a Comment